DO 71, s. 2003 – Transfer of Delegated Authority from the Office of the Secretary to the Regional Offices Regarding Approval of the Establishment, Separation of Annexes, Integration, Conversion and Renaming of Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Pursuant to Rule III, Section 3.2 (13) of R.A. No. 9155, otherwise known as the Governance of Basic Education Act of 2001, the approval of the establishment of public elementary and secondary schools, separation of annexes, and integration and conversion of public elementary and secondary schools shall be delegated to the Regional Offices (ROs) of this Department.
- Conformably, all requests/applications for establishment, separation of annexes and integration and conversion of schools shall be forwarded to the Division Office (DO), for processing, review, evaluation and indorsed to the RO, for appropriate action and approval.
- For cost efficiency, the establishment of integrated schools rather than annexes or extension classes, is encouraged. Likewise, there shall be an elementary school in every barangay and a high school in every municipality.
- The guidelines for the establishment of new schools, separation of annexes, integration and conversion of schools are enclosed. The requirements for processing of documents for integration and conversion of schools shall be governed, where applicable, by the provisions of DECS Order No. 5, s. 1989 and DECS Order No. 91, s. 1999.
- All other issuances on the establishment, separation, integration and conversion of schools that are inconsistent with this Order are rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
Encls.: As stated
References: DECS Orders: (Nos. 5r s. 1989; 84, s. 1886; and 91r s. 1999) DECS Memorandum: (No. 386, s. 1999)
Allotment: 1-(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index Under the following subjects: