DO 16, s. 2011 – Guidelines on the Utilization of Downloaded Training Funds for the 282 Public Secondary Schools Implementing the Strengthened Technical and Vocational Education Program (STVEP)
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In line with the thrust of the Department of Education (DepEd) to synchronize and decentralize the conduct of training programs designed to improve the professional competencies of teachers and other field practitioners, the Technical-Vocational Task Force (TVTF) through the DepEd Central Office Budget Division has downloaded training funds in the form of sub-ARO to the 16 DepEd Regional Offices for the conduct of various training programs specifically designed for the tech-voc practitioners. Please see Enclosure No. 1 for the summary of the Sub-ARO downloaded to the regional offices.
- The Secondary Education Divisions (SEDs) or the designated training units in the regional offices will spearhead the conduct of the training programs specifically designed for the tech-voc teachers in the 282 public secondary schools. The budgetary allocation per region was based on the number of tech-voc schools currently implementing the Strengthened Technical and Vocational Education Program (STVEP). The following are the downloaded training programs and the corresponding total budgetary allocation per training:
Item Program Description Total Cost 1 Skills Enhancement Training in Automotive, Building Construction, Cosmetology, Electrical Technology, Electronics Technology, Food Tech, Furniture and Cabinet Making, Garments, PC Hardware Servicing, Machining, Plumbing, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Welding, Crop Production, Vegetable Production, Animal Production, Food/Fish Processing, Fish Capture and Fish Culture PhP6,000,000.00 2 Assessors Training Program (Trainers Methodology (TM) and Assessment Methodology (AM) for NC II and NC III Holders PhP2,964,000.00 3 Training Workshop on Teaching Strategies, Methodology and Pedagogy in Contextualizing Tech-Voc Subjects in English, Science and Mathematics PhP2,985,000.00 4 Training on the 2010 New Secondary Education Curriculum for First Year Tech-Voc Teachers PhP3,000,000.00 Total PhP14,949,000.00
- For Items 1 and 2, the Regional Offices (ROs) are hereby directed to conduct the training programs in close consultation with the Regional TESDA Offices for technical assistance. For Items 3 and 4, DepEd Regional or School Level Trainers who have undergone training on said areas can be tapped to provide the necessary assistance/resources.
- In order to give equal opportunities to all the tech-voc teachers in terms of building their professional competencies, the basic criteria for the selection of participants have been developed by the TVTF and the Chiefs of the Secondary Education Divisions (SED) in the 16 Regions through a consultation meeting. Please see Enclosure No. 2 for the Criteria in Selecting Participants.
- A team from the TVTF and ROs will monitor the conduct of the training programs to determine the strengths and weaknesses/gaps/constraints encountered during the implementation of the trainings and to provide the necessary assistance/interventions required.
- The ROs shall submit a progress report to the Office of the Undersecretary for Programs and Projects through the TVTF on the conduct of the trainings including the utilization, disbursement, reporting and liquidation of funds.
- Misuse and/or mismanagement of these funds for purposes other than those authorized are strictly prohibited. Any persons found to be misusing/mismanaging such funds will be dealt with accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 72, s. 2010
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: