Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- In line with the implementation of Alternative Learning System (ALS) programs, the Department of Education (DepEd) issues the changes and additional information to DepEd Order (DO) Nos. 58 and 59, s. 2012 for the information and guidance of all concerned.
- Funding allocation to support ALS program implementation such as payment of transportation allowance and teaching aid of mobile teachers and district ALS coordinators, and transportation allowance, teaching aid and stipend of literacy volunteers shall be downloaded through the Sub-Allotment Release Order (Sub-ARO) to the schools division offices (SDOs). The total amount to be downloaded shall be based on the number of mobile teachers, district ALS coordinators, and literacy volunteers per schools division.
- Based on Commission on Audit Circular No. 2012-001 dated June 14, 2017 entitled Revised Documents for Common Government Transactions, under General Requirements for All Types of Disbursement, Item No. 5–Sufficient and relevant documents to establish validity of claim, the Department of Education issues this Order to amend Provisions 6.3.3 and 6.3.4 in the enclosure of DO 58, s. 2012 and Provision 6.4 in the enclosure of DO 59, s. 2012, which states that no receipt or whatever form of proof shall be required to claim the teaching aid funds, and no Reimbursement Expenses Receipt (RER) nor Certificate of Appearance shall be required to claim transportation.
- Therefore, in compliance with the requirement of the Commission on Audit, mobile teachers, district ALS coordinators, and literacy volunteers shall submit their Statement of Expenses duly signed by the schools division superintendent (SDS) upon claiming the teaching aid and transportation allowance using the enclosed format.
- Moreover, the SDOs shall disburse 100% of the transportation allowance and 50% of teaching aid and stipend for the first release, while the remaining 50% shall be based on the enrolment of learning facilitators through the Learner Information System (LIS). Computation of teaching aid shall be based on DO 59, s. 2016.
- Starting 2017, the transportation allowance of mobile teachers, full-time district ALS coordinators, part-time district ALS coordinators, and literacy volunteers will be P3,200.00 per month.
- For more information, contact Mr. Roderick P. Corpuz, Supervising Education Program Specialist, Bureau of Learning Delivery–Student Inclusion Division (BLD–SID), Department of Education Central Office, 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City, at telephone no. (02) 636-3603, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other provisions under DepEd Nos. 58 and 59, s. 2012 shall remain in force.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
(Sgd) LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
DepEd Order Nos.: (58 and 59, s. 2012)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects
Alternative Learning System