February 8, 2017
DO 7, s. 2017
Guidelines on the Utilization of Fiscal Year 2017 Program Support Fund for Monitoring of FY 2016 Bottom-Up Budgeting Projects
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) hereby issues the DepEd Order entitled Guidelines on the Utilization of Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 Program Support Fund (PSF) for Monitoring of FY 2016 Bottom-Up Budgeting (BUB) Projects which aims to identify eligible activities and expenditure items supporting the effective and efficient implementation of BUB projects. These guidelines amend Section 9.2 of DepEd Order No. 63, s. 2016 entitled Guidelines on the Implementation and Monitoring of FY 2016 Bottom-Up Budgeting Projects.
- A total amount of Nine Million Six Hundred Sixty Thousand Pesos (P 9, 660,000.00) charged to FY 2016 Planning and Management Information Systems Fund shall be released by the Financial Assistance Management Service–Budget Division (FMS–BD), Central Office, through the issuance of SUB-ARO to regional Offices (ROs) and schools division offices (SDOs) with approved Work and Financial Plans (WFPs) as endorsed to the Planning Service–Planning and Programming Division (PS–PPD).
- The ROs and SDOs with more than four BUB Projects under FY 2016 listed in Enclosure No. 1 are qualified to receive the FY 2017 Program Support Fund.
- The PSF shall be utilized for the following eligible activities and expenditure items:
- Engagement of personnel (job orders or contract-of-service) to assist BUB Coordinators in ROs and SDOs in the monitoring and reporting, including the encoding of the status of BUB projects to OpenBUB Portal. Monthly wages should range from Six Thousand Pesos (P 6,000.00) to Twenty Two Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (P 22, 500.00) depending on the qualification and nature of work (job orders or contract of service);
- Conduct of activities in support of the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of BUB projects, such as coordination meetings or workshops, capacity building, technical assistance, field validation, benchmarking, and other related activities;
- Purchase of supplies and materials for workshops or trainings and office consumption supplies;
- Purchase of small capital expenditure items worth less than Fifteen Thousand Pesos (P 15,000.00), as provided in the new Government Accounting Manual issued by the Commission on Audit (i.e. LCD, camera with GPS, printer, and wifi or broadband);
- Communication and transportation allowance or expenses of BUB Coordinators and DepEd Engineers. Purchase of cellphones is not allowed;
- Advocacy materials (i.e. brochures, magazines, t-shirt, among other materials); and
- Repair and maintenance of service vehicles, including purchase of fuel and lubricants.
- The ROs and SDOs shall submit their duly accomplished WFP to utilize this fund, using the prescribed template provided in Enclosure No. 2 to PS–PPD, DepEd Central Office or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for reference on or before February 24. 2017.
- Utilization and liquidation of this fund shall be subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- All other provisions of DO 63, s. 2016 shall remain in force.
- All DepEd Orders and other related issuances, rules and regulations and provisions which are inconsistent with these guidelines are repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- This Order shall take effect immediately upon its publication on www.deped.gov.ph.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Reference: DepEd Order: (No. 63, s. 2016)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: