Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In line with the implementation of the Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013 (Republic Act No. 10533), the Department of Education is adopting the enclosed Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
- Classroom Assessment is an integral part of curriculum implementation. It allows the teachers to track and measure learners’ progress and to adjust instruction accordingly. Classroom assessment informs the learners, as well as their parents and guardians, of their progress.
- Effective School Year (SY) 2015-2016, the Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the K to 12 Basic Education Program shall be implemented in public elementary and secondary schools nationwide.
- Non-DepEd schools are urged to implement these policy guidelines as well. Non-DepEd schools are permitted to modify these policy guidelines according to their school’s Philosophy, Vision, and Mission with the approval of the appropriate DepEd Regional Office.
- Special programs may further issue supplementary guidelines in relation to the program’s specific assessment concerns.
- These guidelines will remain in force and in effect for the duration of the program, unless sooner repealed, amended, or rescinded. All existing Orders and Memoranda that are inconsistent with this Order are rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order No. 73, s. 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: