July 27, 2016
- In cooperation with Globe Telecom, we would like to respond to the challenges facing our education sector such as limited access to digital learning in public schools. For this reason we are engaging each schools division in our region to bring 21st century learning to public schools nationwide through the Global Filipino Schools Program (GFS).
- The program is a long-term educational initiative that seeks to transform selected public schools into centers of ICT excellence and innovative teaching methods to enable teachers and students alike to thrive in the 21st century. Qualified school partners will receive free internet connectivity, ICT equipment, and teacher training on how to facilitate 21st century learning in the classroom, among others.
- We request nominations of up to 3 schools within each of your respective divisions for assessment to become a Global Filipino School. Please nominate schools with the following components:
- Needs to be a public high school
- School population range is from 500 to 3000
- School needs to have an existing and functioning ICT laboratory
- There should be at least 25 functional computer workstation (desktop, laptops or via workstations via thin clients)
- Has an existing internet connection (any telecommunications company)
- The school is willing to be a teacher training hub on ICT integration in the classroom
- Please fill up the attached School Nomination Form with the necessary details.
- Kindly provide all nominations no later than August 1, 2016 at 12:00 noon to email@example.com with the subject: “Global Filipino School Nominations: Division of <your division>”. Nominations received after the set deadline shall NOT be credited.
- A project representative from Globe will contact the schools immediately for assessment, interview and ocular to identify the final candidate for each SDO.
- Attached are the following:
- Nomination Form (Fill up 1 form per school) – xls file
- Global Filipino School Brochure – pdf file
- Thank you for your usual compliance and support.
Global Filipino School Program for DepED Region 2