DO 58, s. 1985 – Action on Applications for Permit to Open Private Schools/Courses
October 22, 1985
DO 58, s. 1985
Action on Applications for Permit to Open Private Schools/Courses
To: Bureau Directors
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Implementation of Sections 7 (e) and (g) of Rule III under Part III of the Rules and Regulation for the Implementation of Batas Pambansa Blg. 232 on the period for filling applications for permit and the period within which such applications shall be decided on has been deferred until after the orientation seminar on private school regulations shall have been conducted for Regional Office personnel concerned.
- Inasmuch as the series of such seminars have already been conducted early this year, it is assumed that the Regional Office personnel concerned have already acquired the needed expertise to properly execute their functions thereon. Accordingly, it is desired that effective school year 1986-87 the aforementioned provisions of the Rules and Regulations shall be strictly enforced by the MECS Regional Offices in the exercise of their delegated functions.
- Inspection reports which are used as basis in evaluating an application for permit and recognition must be comprehensive as to cover in detail each and every particular requirement for the course applied for. General statements must be avoided where specific data and information are necessary. The rules and standards for each course which come out in MECS Order form or as provided in the Manual of Regulations for Private Schools, Seventh Edition shall guide the supervisors and the processors in inspecting, evaluating and submitting their reports and recommendations.
- The MECS Regional Offices shall take appropriate action on all applications received pursuant to MECS policies and rules.
- For strict compliance by all concerned.
Reference: MECS Order No. 40, s. 1985
Allotment: 1-4—(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS