DO 46, s. 1986 – Management System of Project “Magbasa Kita”
August 29, 1986
DO 46, s. 1986
Management System of Project “Magbasa Kita”
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- In line with the Ministry’s program to increase our literacy rate, Project “Magbasa Kita” has been launched and will initially be implemented in Regions IX, XI and XII. In this connection, a management system has been organized.
- The management system shall include a Steering Committee and a Project Technical Staff. Subject to the authority of the Minister of Education, Culture and Sports, the Steering Committee shall have the following functions:
- Serve as advisory body regarding policy matters pertinent to the project and
- Supervise and evaluate the project – its activities, policy recommendations and future plans.
The Steering Committee shall be composed of seven (7) members as follows:
Chairperson : Minda C. Sutaria
Vice Chairman : Remigio P. Romulo
Acting Director, BCEMembers : Santanina T. Rasul
Project Director, Magbasa Kita
Juanito A. Bruno
Nunggo E. Pahm
Teofilo E. Gomez
Lourdes S. Sumagaysay
Acting Assistant Director, BCE
- The Project Technical Staff shall serve as the technical arm of the Steering Committee and as such will implement project preparation and pre-implementation activities and do other functions that may be assigned by the Steering Committee. The Technical Staff shall be composed of a core of full-time staff and part-time consultants and experts headed by the Project Director. The Project Director may constitute working committee deemed necessary.
- Mrs. Santanina T. Rasul is hereby designated Project Director, to be assisted by Dr. Estela L. Garcia, Chief, BCE Program Division.
- To ensure smooth implementation of the pre-project implementation activities, the Project Director shall submit to the Steering Committee an action plan and proposed organized and staffing pattern within thirty (30) days from the data of this Order.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects: