DO 29, s. 1987 – Creation of a Coordinating Council for Early Childhood Education in the Philippines
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- In view of the growing concern and interest of the public and private sectors on preschool education, the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) in coordination with several associations on preschool education, organized a council known as the Council on Early Childhood Education in the Philippines (CECEP).
- CECEP is an Ad Hoc body composed of representatives from the Association of Early Childhood Education (AECE), Catholic Education Association of the Philippines (CEAP), World Council Curriculum and Instruction (WCCI), Filipino Friends of Montessori Society, Association of Childhood Education International (ACEI), Pre-Elementary Education of the Philippines, Inc. (PEP), UP Child Development Center, Department of Social Services and Development (DSSD) and the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS).
- As organized, the Council defined its functions as the a) consultative, b) initiating, c) planning and organizing, d) recommendation, e) advocating, f) implementing, g) supervisory, h) monitoring and i) information dissemination body on matters relating to preschool education.
- CECEP’s functions have been enlarged for it to act as a coordinating body and an advisory arm of the Department on matters related to preschool education of the Philippines (CONCEP) is created to take the place of CECEP. It is also tasked to invite other associations interest in improving preschool education to become members of the Coordinating Council.
- It is desired that this Order be widely and immediately disseminated
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BOARD OR COUNCIL
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS