DO 45, s. 1987 – Integration of the Fishery Education and Training Project (Loan No. 1786-pH) as a Program Thrust of the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Educations
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Pursuant to the Government’s Integrated Fishery Development Strategy of strengthening fishery technology and human resources through the establishment of a national system of fishery training, the Fishery Education and Training Project (Sixth TERD Education Project, Loan No. 1786-PH) which will terminate in June 1987 is hereby integrated with the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education for the purpose of institutionalization of the program thrusts into the mainstream of the educational system. The seven HIFTs and RFTCs together with the UPV as listed hereunder are hereby institutionalized and henceforth shall form a part of the BTVM’s network of technician institutes. Except for the U.P. College of Fisheries (UPV-CF, Miagao, Iloilo), the regional Office shall take over the administrative supervision of the following institutions as regards the objectives of the Fishery Education Projects as listed in sec. 2 hereof:
Regional Institute of Fisheries Technology/Regional Fishermen Training Centers (RIFT/FFTCs):
Region II – Cagayan State University (Appari Institute of Technology, Appari, Cagayan)
Region IV – Palawan National Agricultural College (Puerto Princesa City)
Region V – Bicol University College of Fisheries (Tabaco, Albay)
Region VII – Quirino School Fisheries (Cebu State College of Science and Technology, Carmen, Cebu)
Region VIII – Samar Regional School of Fisheries (Catbalogan, Samar)
Region IX – Zamboanga State College of Marine Science and Technology (Fort Pilar, Zamboanga City)
Region XI – Davao del Norte School of Fisheries (Panabo, Davao del Norte)
- The RIFTs/RFTCs lead institutions in fisheries education shall assist the other fifty-nine (59) fishery schools throughout the country in activities related to:
- Staff Development and Technician Teacher Training
- Curriculum and Instructional Materials Development
- Educational Facilities Development
- Research and Innovation
- Other activities that may be authorized
- The RIFTs/RFTCs shall cater to the institution-building needs of other fishery schools within their regional responsibility.
- The Executive Director of EDPITAF, the Director of BTVE and the Administrators of the seven RIFT/RFTCs shall therefore organize into a committee to effect the official transfer of the administrative supervision to the regional directors in an appropriate ceremony as soon as possible.
- This Order shall take effect beginning March 26, 1987. Immediate dissemination to all concerned is enjoined.
Reference: MECS Order No. 72, s. 1979
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: