DO 104, s. 1987 – Updating Rules and Regulations for the Implementation of the Accreditation and Equivalency Program
To: Bureau Directors
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- In connection with the conduct of the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT), the instrument used for the Accreditation and Equivalency Program, which is administered on the third Sunday of November every year, the following portions of MECS Order No. 44, s. 1986 are revised to read as follows:
- Rule IV – Registration
Section 1. The registration of the applicants in each division shall be from August 1 to October 23 of each year. If October 21 falls on a Sunday, the following Monday shall be the last day of registration. The number of registrants shall be reported directly to the NETRO by radiogram or telegram, the day following the registration day. The same report shall be transmitted to the regional office.
Section 2. An examination fee of twenty pesos (P 20.00) will be charged each applicant, payable upon registration and is not refundable. The applicant’s copy should be stamped “PAID” and should be signed by the registering school official. The complete date of registration should likewise be indicated. The total registration fees collected shall be directly remitted in the form of bank draft of money order to the Executive Director NETRO-DECS, Arroceros, Manila on or before October 27 of each year, together with the list of registrants properly and accurately accomplished.
The Alphabetized list of applicants should reflect each applicant’s corresponding registration form number.
The list of applicants should be categorized by grade/year level completed before dropping out of school. The total numbers of applicants should be indicated at the bottom of the list. The list will be the basis for determining the quantity of test materials for each testing center. Only those who have registered will be allowed to take the test.
- Rule VI – Funding and Allowance of Personnel
Section 1.a. The National Educational Testing and Research Center (NETRC) representative, Regional Director (RD) or his representative, Schools Superintendent (SS), members of Division Testing Team (DIT) including the Division Testing Coordinator (DTC) from the division where the examinees are merged with another testing center, security officers, chief examiner and school head who compose the Local Examination Committee should be given eighty pesos (P80.00) each on examination day and a traveling allowance of thirty pesos (P 30.00) each.
Section 1-b. Examiners and proctors from the public schools are to receive seventy pesos (P70.00) and a travelling allowance of fifteen pesos (P15.00) each on examination day and three days service credit for public school teachers. Personnel from private schools are covered by the rules and regulations of their respective Boards of Trustees.
Section 1-c. Janitors, radio operators and other helpers assigned in the testing center and in the NETRC are to be given forty pesos (P 40.00) each on examination day and a travelling allowance of fifteen pesos (P 15.00).
- Rule IV – Registration
- Other pertinent rules and regulations contained in MECS Order No. 44, s. 1986 are still enforced. These rules and regulations should be promptly attended to and strictly followed. Particular attention is also invited to the following: scope, testing centers, registration, test administration, funding and allowance of personnel concerned.
- Provisions of other Memoranda or Orders inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded.
- It is desired that the whole-hearted cooperation of all concerned be extended to insure the success of this program.
- Widest dissemination of this DECS Order is enjoined for the information and guidance of all.
Reference: MECS Order No. 44, s. 1986
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS