DO 75, s. 1988 – Changing the Chairmanship of the Technical Panel for Engineering Education (TPEE) and the Technical Panel for Agricultural Education (TPAE)
To: Bureau Directors
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- In line with the policy of the DECS towards decentralization and in view of the need to maintain internal efficiency and effectiveness, pars. 5 and 6 of DECS Order No. 25, s. 1988 and par. 5 of MECS Order No.28, s. 1986 which designated the Director of the Bureau of Higher Education as chairman of the TPEE and TPAE respectively is hereby amended.
- A Chairman shall be appointed by the Secretary of Education, Culture and Sports and the Director of the Bureau of Higher Education shall act as co-chairman. The chairman of co-chairman shall have the following powers and duties:
- In close coordination with the co-chairman, exercises general supervision in all matters within the jurisdiction of his office or relating to the operation thereof, and as such, shall have general supervision over the Secretariat and shall approve all programs and activities of the Panel and the Secretariat.
- Presides over all meetings of the Panel. In his absence or incapacity, and whenever a meeting is deemed necessary, the co-chairman or the Chairman’s duly authorized representative shall preside.
- Submits an annual report to the Secretary of Education, Culture and Sports through the Board of Higher Education on the accomplishments of the TPEE and TPAE during the preceding year and proposes the programs and his action for the succeeding year.
- In consultation with the co-chairman, recommends for appointment the members of the Technical Panels and consultants.
- Exercises such other powers and duties as may be delegated or authorized by the DECS Secretary of the Board of Higher Education, as well as those that are inherent in, or incident to, the Office of the Chairman. Provided, however, that insofar as may be desirable for the efficiency of the conduct of the Panel’s activities and affairs, he may delegate any of his functions to any of the members of the Panel.
- In consultation with the chairman, exercises general supervision in all matters within the jurisdiction of his office or relating to the operation thereof, and as such, shall have general supervision over the Secretariat and shall approve all programs and activities of the Panel and the Secretariat.
- Submits to the Secretary of Education, Culture and Sports, through the Board of Higher Education, a report on the financial operation and status of the Panel and proposes the budget for the succeeding year.
- In consultation with the Chairman, appoints or causes the appointment of the Executive Secretary, the Secretariat staff and other personnel as may be necessary.
- Presides over panel meetings in the absence or incapacity of the chairman.
- Shall temporarily perform such functions expressly delegated by the chairman whenever the chairman is unable to perform his duties and exercise his powers due to absence, incapacity or other cause.
- Performs such other functions as may be assigned to him by the chairman of the Technical Panels.
- Pursuant to this Order, the following are hereby appointed as chairman:
Dr. Ruben A. Garcia (Dean, College of Engineering, UP Diliman) – Chairman, TPEE
Dr. Ruben L. Villareal (Dean, College of Agriculture, UP Los Banos) – Chairman, TPAE
- The Director of the BHE and the duly appointed chairman of the Technical Panel for Engineering Education (TPEE) and Technical Panel for Agricultural Education (TPAE) shall develop other internal working arrangements, not otherwise specified, that would further enhance the new organizational structure of the Panel.
- Accordingly, all other DECS issuances inconsistent with this Order are hereby amended, modified or repealed.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
References: DECS Order No. 25, s. 1988
MECS Order No. 28, s. 1986
Allotment: 1-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS