DO 30, s. 1989 – Addendum to DECS Order No. 19, s. 1989 (The President’s Summer Youth Program)
April 7, 1989
DO 30, s. 1989
Addendum to DECS Order No. 19, s. 1989 (The President’s Summer Youth Program)
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Technical and Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- With a view to simplify procedures for equivalency under the President’s Summer Youth Program (PSYP), this Office hereby releases an addendum for the information, guidance and compliance of those concerned.
- This addendum embodies the list of courses recommended as equivalent to the nature of training provided under the following components of the PSYP:
- Summer Work Appreciation Program for Students (SWAPS) of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)
- Government Internship Program (GIP) of the Civil Service Commission (CSC) and the Presidential Council for Youth Affairs (PCYA)
- Summer Camp and Travel Program (SCTP) of the Department of Tourism
- Inasmuch as some of the aforementioned programs have already been launched, application for equivalency may be made to the Regional Offices concerned of DECS, for recommendation to the particular school, which shall take final action.
- Inclosed is a list of the aforementioned courses which should be disseminated to the field as soon as possible.
- The full cooperation of all concerned regarding this matter is enjoined.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Incl.: As stated
Reference: DECS Order: (No. 19, s. 1989)
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, COLLEGIATE