To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Inclosed is the 1989 Revised Curriculum and Course Description for a new major in the Four-Year Secretarial Course, major in Computer Secretarial Education, approved by this Office upon the recommendation of the Philippine Association of Secretarial Educators (PASE) and the Bureau of Higher Education (BHE).
- The Four-Year Secretarial Course, major in Computer Secretarial Education is ladderized in such a way that after finishing the first two years, the student receives a Certificate in Two-Year Computer Secretarial Course (no NCEE required) with job targets as Data Encode and Word Processor.
- Schools concerned should prepare and make corresponding adjustments in their programs and facilities based on the inclosed guidelines and standards.
- This major program will take effect beginning School Year 1989-1990.
- Early dissemination and compliance by all higher education institutions and all others concerned is enjoined.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: DECS Order: (No. 59, s. 1984)
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS