DO 42, s. 1989 – Addendum to DECS Order No. 59, s. 1984 (Policies and Standards for the Bachelor of Science in Secretarial Administration and the Post-Secondary and Terminal Courses)
May 5, 1989
DO 42, s. 1989
Addendum to DECS Order No. 59, s. 1984 (Policies and Standards for the Bachelor of Science in Secretarial Administration and the Post-Secondary and Terminal Courses)
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Inclosed is the 1989 Revised Curriculum and Course Description for a new major in the Four-Year Secretarial Course, major in Computer Secretarial Education, approved by this Office upon the recommendation of the Philippine Association of Secretarial Educators (PASE) and the Bureau of Higher Education (BHE).
- The Four-Year Secretarial Course, major in Computer Secretarial Education is ladderized in such a way that after finishing the first two years, the student receives a Certificate in Two-Year Computer Secretarial Course (no NCEE required) with job targets as Data Encode and Word Processor.
- Schools concerned should prepare and make corresponding adjustments in their programs and facilities based on the inclosed guidelines and standards.
- This major program will take effect beginning School Year 1989-1990.
- Early dissemination and compliance by all higher education institutions and all others concerned is enjoined.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: DECS Order: (No. 59, s. 1984)
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS