DO 60, s. 1990 – Clarification and Amendment to DECS Order No. 22, s. 1989 on Secondary Schools of State Colleges and Universities (SCUs)
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- In order to strengthen curricular programs of state colleges and universities (SCUs), it is imperative that secondary schools outside of their campuses be gradually phased out except those utilized as laboratory schools.
- To further implement Section 2 of DECS Order No. 22, s. 1989, the following guidelines and procedures are hereby promulgated:
- The administration by the Department of Education, Culture and Sports through the regional offices of all SCUs secondary schools located outside the main campus which are offering purely secondary curriculum shall commence not later than December 1990.
- Secondary schools, however, that are outside of SCUs campus are encouraged, if ready, to implement the turnover even before December 1990.
- Schools with signed MOAs based on Section 2 of DECS Order No. 22, s. 1989 without problems in implementation shall transfer their secondary budget/allocation starting the third quarter of Fiscal Year 1990. However, schools with MOAs that are found needing adjustments/amendments should submit documents to this office for further deliberation and thereby ensure smooth turnover of funds to DECS.
- Personnel involved in the turnover shall not suffer any diminution in rank and salary. Individual cases should be submitted for deliberation by DBM and DECS.
- For secondary schools with sites donated by private persons/entities with provision of automatic reversion of sites and improvements to the donor in the event that said SCUs relinquish/violate the intent or purpose of the deed of donation, said sites shall be retained by said SCUs.
- Secondary schools with school sites belonging to the original high school should take possession of said property. Colleges or extension classes shall be gradually phased out or integrated to the SCU campus.
- SCUs which opted to phase out their secondary schools outside the main campus to strengthen their program offerings in the tertiary level as well as their research and extension programs shall retain said campuses.
- All other cases not mentioned above and in the previous Order shall be studied on a case-to case basis by a duly designated task force jointly created by DECs and PASUC within school year 1990-1991.
- This Order shall take effect immediately and should be given widest publicity for the guidance of all concerned.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARIÑO
References: DECS Order: (NO. 22, s. 1989)
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of study, COLLEGIATE
Course of Study, SECONDARY
UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES