October 28, 1992 – DO 103, s. 1992 – Organization of Maintenance Teams at the School Level
October 28, 1992
DO 103, s. 1992
Organization of Maintenance Teams at the School Level
To: Regional Directors
- One of the major concerns of this Department is to help provide public elementary schools with educational facilities in order to facilitate and enhance learning through a stimulating and comfortable environment.
- It has been observed, however, that due to inadequate maintenance, these facilities deteriorate rapidly resulting in poor physical conditions of many schools. The cost of repair of damaged facilities and acquisition of new ones has increased.
- To minimize wastage due to poor maintenance, to prolong the serviceability of these facilities, and to insure a conducive learning environment for school maintenance program to be managed by a school maintenance team headed by the school administrator.
- Division superintendents and district supervisors are requested to closely monitor this activity. A report on the organization of maintenance teams and its annual school maintenance plan shall be submitted to the Physical Facilities Division, Bureau of Elementary Education, DECS, UL Complex, Pasig, Metro Manila together with the report on the progress of the school in meeting its targets.
- Inclosed are sample charts for the organization of said teams, sample annual school maintenance plan, suggested maintenance activities that can be performed by the teams, and sample monitoring form.
- Immediate dissemination of the contents of this Order to all concerned is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: