November 6, 1996 – DO 82, s. 1996 – Search for the Most Outstanding Teachers and Employees and Declaring a DECS Recognition Day for Conferring Awards under the DECS Employees Suggestions and Incentive Awards System (DECS-ESIAS)
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Chiefs of Divisions
- Pursuant to DECS Order No. 61, s. 1993, all officials concerned are hereby directed to establish the Suggestions and Incentive Awards System (ESIAS) in their respective offices and create their own committees to administer the System as provided for in Section 6, par 2 of the said Order.
- In addition to the awards and incentives enumerated in the DECS Order and to give recognition for the outstanding performance, achievements and loyalty to the public service, awards shall be given to the most outstanding teacher/employee of the month/year. There shall be a monthly and an annual awardee for teachers at various levels, e.g. school district, division level. A similar award shall also be given to Level I and Level II employees, and among the Division Chiefs of the Central/Regional Offices.
- The current performance rating system shall be utilized as the evaluative instrument in the selection of the most outstanding teachers and employees. However, the members of the search committee may use other evaluative instruments which are valid and reliable.
- A specific day within the Education Week shall be designated as DECS Recognition Day. The day shall he devoted to conferment ceremonies for the different awards under the DECS-ESIAS. The central, regional and division offices shall come up with their respective program of activities for the DECS Recognition Day. In the Central Office, the office-in-charge of the celebration of the Education Week shall coordinate with the Employees, Welfare and Benefits Division (EWBD), being the SIAC Secretariat. On the other hand, the Regional/Division Suggestions and Incentive Awards Committee shall be in charge of the day’s activities in their respective offices.
- Expenses incident to this activity shall be set aside to be drawn from the savings of the offices concerned.
- For compliance and active participation of all officials/employees concerned.
DECS Order: (No. 61, s. 1993)
Office Memorandum dated September 30, 1996
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
PRIZES OR AWARDS