DO 23, s. 2003 – Revised Guidelines Governing PTAs/PTCAs at the School Level
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Consistent with the provision of Article 77 of Presidential Decree No. 603 as reiterated in Section 77 of Batas Pambasa Blg. 232 otherwise known as the Education Act of 1982, the Department of Education hereby issues the revised guidelines (copy enclosed) on PTAs/PTCAS to make these associations more responsive to the demands of the present times.
- The guidelines shall serve as the primary and guiding parameters in the conduct of all PTAs/PTCAs school based activities.
- The regional offices shall keep a registry of PTAs/PTCAs accredited/ recognized by the school principals and submit a consolidated list to the Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations (Attn.: Employees Welfare and Benefits Division) not later than two months after the opening of every school year.
- All previous memoranda, orders, circulars, and/or guidelines inconsistent with this Order are deemed amended and superseded.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
DepEd Order No. 44, s. 2002; DECS Orders Nos. 113, s. 1999; and 98, s. 1998 Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: