DO 26, s. 2004 – Submission of the Priority Lists of Schoolbuilding Project to be Funded under the CY 2004 DepED School Building Program
To : DepEd ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The budget of the Department of Education has been re-enacted based on the CY 2003 General Appropriations Act (GAA) (RA 9206). The law provides for a budgetary allocation of P2.0 Billion for the DepEd School building Program. Attached are the Guidelines for the Preparation of the Priority Lists of Schoolbuildings to be funded under the CY 2004 School building Program. (Annex A)
- In making the final list of priority schools, please take note of the budgetary ceiling for each legislative district and the standard cost for the different project components. The funds for the construction of a one classroom building for school-less barangays (Batch 3) in the amount of P260,000.00 per classroom will be deducted from the allocation of the respective congressional districts. (Refer to Annex B). The Field Offices shall determine the specific allocation for elementary and secondary levels based on actual needs provided that the actual allocation for both levels does not exceed the budgetary ceiling of the legislative district. The final allocation for each legislative district will be based on the amount reflected in Column E of Annex B. Further, the list of recipient schools shall be drawn from the updated Instructional Rooms Analysis of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS) data (SY 2003-2004) on schools belonging to the “hot”colored code of black, red, gold and yellow which are in greatest need of classrooms.
- Whenever possible, ocular inspection of the proposed recipient schools shall be undertaken to assess current site conditions and to determine actual classroom needs/repair as well as the corresponding cost thereof.
- The project listings should be duly approved by both the Schools Division/City Superintendent and the District Engineer in consultation with the Congressman concerned.
- The Priority Lists must be submitted to the Physical Facilities Division not later than Friday, April 30, 2004 via Telefax No. (02) 633-72-63.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: No. 29, s. 2003
Allotment: 1–(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: