DO 59, s. 2004 – 2004 Desks/Armchairs Procurement Program Amended by DO 49, s. 2005 – 2004 and 2005 Table and Chairs/Armchairs Procurement Program
October 27, 2004
DO 59, s. 2004
2004 Desks/Armchairs Procurement Program
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The funds for the procurement of desks/armchairs for FY 2004 is placed at P450 million (re-enacted GAA of FY 2003). The Guidelines for the Preparation of the List of Recipient Schools to be Funded under the FY 2004 General Appropriations Act are found in the enclosure. The desk allocation per congressional district is in Annex 1.
- Procurement shall be in accordance with the provisions of the Government Procurement Reform Act No. 9184.
- In preparing the list of priority schools, please note the budgetary ceiling for each congressional district and the unit cost for the set of tables and chairs for the elementary grades and armchairs for secondary level. The regional/division office should also consider the updated Basic Education Information System (BEIS) which provides data on school furniture needs at the school level. A color spectrum has been devised to determine which schools are in greatest need of classroom seats.
- The list of recipient schools in both hard and soft copies must be submitted to the Physical Facilities Division, Office of the Planning Service, not later than November 15, 2004 via telefax no. (02)633-72-63. Annexes 2, 3, and 4 are sample forms to be used in the preparation of list of recipient schools.
- For immediate dissemination and strict compliance of all concerned.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 62, s. 2003
Allotment: 1–(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: