DO 74, s. 2008 – Celebrating Christmas Through Simple but Meaningful Activities
Schools Division/ City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The Christmas season should be an occasion for initiating and living out the virtues which the Lord Jesus exemplified during His life here on earth, such as humility, simplicity, and obedience. Christmas celebrations in public schools and DepED central and field offices should be simple but meaningful, keeping in mind the true spirit of the season. The following guidelines should be observed.
- Contributions for celebrations in schools or offices, whether in cash or in kind, should be strictly voluntary;
- Decorations should be simple, inexpensive and to the extent possible, produced by students and staffers;
- Gift-giving should be guided by the spirit of sharing and should not lead to extravagant spending; and
- Disruption of academic activities in schools and delivery of Departmental services should be minimized.
- Any violation of the guidelines prescribed in this Order shall be subject to administrative action.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Reference: DepED Order: No. 30, s. 2007 Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
CELEBRATIONS & FESTIVALS