January 10, 2012 DO 2, s. 2012 – Guidelines on the Supply, Allocation, Delivery, and Distribution of Centrally Procured Instructional Materials (IMS) for the Special Education (SPED) Program at the Basic Education Level
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) through the Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS), in collaboration with the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE), and the Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS), shall provide instructional materials (IMs) to Special Education (SPED) centers for children with special needs (i.e., the gifted/talented, intellectually deficient, visually impaired, hearing impaired, orthopedically handicapped, and children with speech defect, autism, health problems, and behavior problems).
- The DepEd-Central Office (CO) shall allocate funds in the amount of One Hundred Million Pesos (PhP100,000,000.00) each year from FY 2012 Textbook Funds and subsequent appropriations until FY 2015 for the procurement of DepEd IMs developed to address the educational requirements of children with special needs through the following:a. BEE, BSE, BALS, regional and division offices, and the schools;
b. Tried, and tested through foreign-assisted projects; and
c. Other government or nongovernment offices.
- The guidelines on the supply, allocation, delivery, and distribution of centrally procured materials are as follows:a. Sixty percent (60%) of the budget shall be allotted for the procurement of IMs for elementary school recipients, thirty percent (30%) will be allotted for secondary school recipients, and ten percent (10%) for learners under the Alternative Learning System (ALS);b. The list of the titles to be procured shall be based on submitted materials which have been subjected to content review managed by the IMCS pursuant to DepEd Order No. 25, s. 2010. Only the titles in camera-ready copies both in printed and digital formats will be considered for procurement to be managed by the Procurement Service (PS);c. The recipient SPED centers shall be identified by the Bureaus. The allocation for SPED schools shall be based on the enrollment as reported in the Basic Education Information System (BEIS);The printed IMs shall be delivered directly to the division offices (DOs) which shall manage the distribution to the recipient schools. The distribution activities by the DOs must be accomplished not later than one (1) month after the receipt of the IMs. The expenses relative to the said distribution shall be charged to local funds or from other sources subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
d. The DOs shall submit a distribution report of delivery not later than two (2) months upon completion of the distribution to the recipient schools addressed to: Ms. Socorro A. Pilor, Executive Director, IMCS, 5/F Mabini Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through any of the telefax nos.: (02) 634-0901 or (02) 631-3690, Attn.: Ms. Carolina T. Rivera, Chief, Procurement Monitoring Division, or send through e- mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
- The DOs which do not comply with this requirement shall not be included in future allocations.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: Nos.: (25, s. 2010) and 66, s. 2011
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEXTBOOKS