June 11, 2012 DO 46, s. 2012 – Policy Guidelines on the Implementation of the Special Curricular Programs at the Secondary Level
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Schools
- As part of the K to 12 Basic Education Program, corresponding revisions have been made on the curriculum of the following Special Programs: Science and Technology, Arts, Sports, Journalism, Foreign Language and Technical-Vocational Education.
- The program and curriculum standards for the Special Curricular Programs (except for Technical-Vocational Education) may be accessed and downloaded from the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) website: www.bse.gov.ph.
- The implementation of the Special Curricular Programs shall be done progressively starting in School Year 2012-2013, by adopting any of the following options:
Option 1 – From Grade 7 to Grade 12 starting SY 2012-2013
Option 2 – From Grade 9 to Grade 12 starting SY 2014-2015
Option 3 – From Grade 11 to Grade 12 starting SY 2016-2017Schools adopting the Special Curricular Programs for the first time, starting with Grade 7, should coordinate with the Bureau of Secondary Education for compliance with the requirements of the programs.
- Being career pathways, the Special Curricular Programs take the place of Technology and Livelihood Education (TLE) of the core curriculum. All the other subjects of the core curriculum shall be adopted, including the time allocation as stipulated in DepED Order No. 31, s. 2012. The add-ons to the core curriculum shall be the advance subjects of the Special Programs. Likewise, the schools have the option to further enrich the curriculum, provided that the requirements of the core curriculum and the special curricular programs have been met.
- Immediate dissemination and compliance with the Order is directed.
Reference: DepEd Order No. 31, s. 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: