DO 30, s. 2013 – Revised Data Gathering Forms for the Beginning of School Year (BOSY) 2013-2014 of the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) through the Research and Statistics Division-Office of Planning Service (RSD-OPS) has developed the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS) to ensure efficient and effective collection and processing of relevant school-level data needed for planning, allocation of resources and generation of performance indicators.
- The data collection, processing and validation of school statistics shall begin with the Dissemination of the Revised Data Gathering Forms for the Beginning of School Year (BOSY) 2013-2014 of the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS).
- The enclosed data gathering forms consist of the following:
Enclosure No. 1 : Government Elementary School Profile (GESP);
Enclosure No. 2 : Government Secondary School Profile (GSSP);
Enclosure No. 3: Private School Profile (PSP); and
Enclosure No. 4: State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Laboratory School Profile (SCUs LSP).
- Enrolment figures and other data for BOSY 2013-2014 shall be as of First Friday of the opening week of the school year. For public schools, this shall be as of June 7, 2013.
- The following new data elements and definitions were included:
- SPED – refers to Special Education (SPED) programs for pupils with special needs i.e. gifted and talented pupils and children with disabilities (CWDs).
- SPED CWDs (self-contained class) Enrolment – refer to similarly grouped pupils who are not yet ready for inclusion in the regular class. This includes those who are classified by level as kindergarten, primary and transition level.
- Primary Level – refers to level after kindergarten where children with disabilities are still being prepared for inclusion in the regular class.
- Pupils/Students Previously Enrolled in Other Public Schools – refer to pupils/ students who were enrolled in another public school the previous school year.
- Pupils/Students Previously Enrolled in Private Schools – refer to pupils/ students who were enrolled in a private school the previous school year.
- The following are changes/additional data/notes in the revised data gathering forms:
Government Elementary School Profile (GESP), Government Secondary School Profile (GSSP) and State Universities and Colleges (SUCs):
- Additional Notes in Table C
- Total Number of classes in this table shall tally with the total number of classes in Table A.
- If a multigrade class consists of a combination of kindergarten and any grade level, the number of classes shall be reported under kindergarten regardless of the size of enrolment. (GESP).
- Table D
- Enrolment in Kindergarten Summer Program is deactivated in the system, since the Kindergarten Summer Program had ended last school year. (GESP)
- Table F
- Additional seven languages used in Mother-Tongue Based-Multilingual Education (MTB-MLE) in Table F. (GESP)
- Additional columns for Grades 11 and 12 for K to 12 Modeling Schools to be included in the total enrolment. (GSSP and SUCs)
Private School Profile (PSP):
- Additional Notes in Table A
- Fill-up Grade 7 column in this table if Grade 7 is part of the school’s elementary education.
- Changes in Table C
- Student Data. (Years I-VI) to fit in the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum.
- Additional Column (number of slots) for Table E
- Data on GASTPE Program
- Additional Notes in Table C
- The following timeline in the conduct of EBEIS activities shall be observed:
EBEIS Activity Timeline Start of Encoding BOSY 2013-2014 July 15, 2013 Submission July 15-26, 2013 Validation July 15-August 2, 2013 Closing of System August 3, 2013
- The school heads/teachers-in-charge (SHs/TICs) of both public and private schools offering kindergarten, elementary and/or secondary education shall be responsible for ensuring prompt, complete and accurate filling-up of the EBEIS data gathering forms.
- The regional directors and schools division/city superintendents through the Regional Planning Units (RPUs) and Division Planning Units (DPUs) shall jointly undertake online collection, processing and validation of the accomplished forms and collection of printed and signed forms to ensure the accuracy, consistency, and completeness of data submitted by the schools.
- The regional and division education program supervisor in-charge of private schools shall facilitate the online collection of forms and assist the Planning Unit (PU) in checking the accuracy, consistency, completeness and timely submission of all private schools.
- To facilitate the process of capturing the data to all field implementers, funds for printing and reproduction of the forms and other activities involving EBEIS shall be downloaded directly to the division offices (DOs). The downloading of funds to all the DOs shall be announced through a separate memorandum.
- The DOs shall oversee the encoding of data for schools with no access to the internet facilities.
- All personnel involved in the EBEIS at the school, district, division, regional and national/central levels are allowed to render overtime services during weekdays, weekends and holidays as provided in DepEd Order Nos. 58, s. 2008 and 10, s. 2009 where necessary to meet the EBEIS target schedules.
- All previous issuances relative to this Order which are found inconsistent are deemed superseded or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: Nos. 33 and 61, s. 2012
(Nos. 10, s. 2009 and 58, s. 2008)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: