DO 33, s. 2014 – Guidelines on the Granting of Performance-Based Bonus for the Department of Education Employees and Officials for Fiscal Year 2013
July 21, 2014
DO 33, s. 2014
Guidelines on the Granting of Performance-Based Bonus for the Department of Education Employees and Officials for Fiscal Year 2013
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
Chiefs of Divisions
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues Guidelines on the Granting of Performance-Based Bonus for the Department of Education Employees and Officials for Fiscal Year 2013 detailed in Enclosure No. 2. The establishment of a set of guidelines aims to provide for a systematic and evidence-based mechanisms, procedures and criteria for the granting of PBB in DepEd.
- Pursuant to the provisions of Administrative Order (AO) No. 25 issued by the President on December 21, 2011 entitled Creating an Inter-Agency Task Force on the Harmonization of the National Government Performance, Monitoring, Information and Reporting Systems, the national government seeks to rationalize, harmonize, streamline, simplify and unify the efforts of all of the agencies towards the realization of the commitments in the Philippine Development Plan 2011-2016 and the Administration’s five Key Results Areas (KRAs) under Executive Order (EO) No. 43. The AO establishes a unified and integrated Results-Based Performance Management System (RPMS) across all departments and agencies within the Executive Branch incorporating a common set of performance scorecard to serve a single source of information on the status of government performance.
- On July 20, 2012, the President issued the EO No. 80 entitled Directing the Adoption of the Performance-Based Incentive System (PBIS) for Government Employees. EO No. 80 is based on the principle that service delivery by the bureaucracy can be improved by linking personnel incentives to the bureau or delivery unit’s performance, and by recognizing and rewarding exemplary performance to foster teamwork and meritocracy.
- The PBIS consists of the Five Thousand Pesos (P 5,000.00) across-the-board Productivity Enhancement Incentive (PEI) and the top-up Performance-Based Bonus (PBB). The PBB shall be given to all government personnel in accordance to their contributions to the accomplishment of the department’s overall targets and commitments.
- To be eligible for PBB, the performance of each agency shall be measured using verifiable and credible indicators based on the following pillars of RPMS:
- Department’s/Agency’s Major Final Outputs (MFOs) and Performance Targets (PT) as specified in the Organizational Performance Indicators Framework (OPIF) and consistent with the targets reflected in the approved OP Form 1-Planning Tool and the Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 Approved Budget;
- Department’s/Agency’s commitments to the President, which are supportive of the priorities under EO No. 43; and
- Good governance conditions based on the performance drivers of RPMS, namely:
- Financial stewardship;
- Process efficiency; and
- Leadership, learning and growth.
- Once DepEd, as an agency, acquires eligibility for PBB, the delivery units and personnel within the Department shall be evaluated according to their performance in the achievement of the agency’s performance targets.
- DepEd Memorandum No. 200, s. 2013 entitled Reconstituting the Task Force on the Performance-Based Bonus (PBB) for the Department of Education was issued to facilitate the review of DepEd Order No. 12, s. 2013 entitled Guidelines on the Granting of Performance-Based Bonus (PBB) for the Department of Education (DepEd) Employees and Officials. The said Task Force conducted marathon meetings to finalize the implementing guidelines on PBB for FY 2013. Enclosure No. 1 contains the Task Force Resolution recommending the implementing guidelines on the granting of PBB.
- All DepEd Orders and other previous issuances which are inconsistent with this Order are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: (No. 12, s. 2013)
DepEd Memorandum: Nos. 6, 9 and (200, s. 2013)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: