DO 49, s. 2015 – Composition of the New Palarong Pambansa Board Pursuant to Republic Act No. 10588 Otherwise Known as Palarong Pambansa Act of 2013
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- Pending promulgation and/or issuance of the Implementing Rules and Regulations of (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 10588 otherwise known as Palarong Pambansa Act of 2013 and consistent with Sections 4-7 of the said law, the Palarong Pambansa Board is hereby created with the following composition:
|Chairperson:||Department of Education (DepEd) Secretary|
|Board Members:||DepEd Undersecretary for Regional Operations;
DepEd Undersecretary for Legal and Legislative Affairs;
DepEd Undersecretary for Programs and Projects;
DepEd Undersecretary for Finance and Administration;
DepEd Assistant Secretary for Planning and Development;
DepEd Assistant Secretary for Legal and Legislative Affairs;
DepEd Assistant Secretary for Programs and Projects;
Philippine Sports Commission Chairman; and
Department of Interior and Local Government Secretary.
- The members of the Management Committee (ManCom) comprising of the 17 regional directors, including the ARMM Regional Secretary, shall serve as an advisory body to the new Palarong Pambansa Board herein created for the purpose of the conduct of the Palaro bidding.
- Subject to Section 7 of RA 10588 and/or confirmation of the Board to be created under the IRR that may be issued, the current Secretary General of the Palarong Pambansa as provided under the DepEd Memorandum No. 5, s. 2011, is hereby reappointed as such. Subject also to the provisions of said law, the current School Sports Events and Activities Unit created under DepEd Order No. 79, s. 2011 shall serve as the Palaro Secretariat to the Board
- This Order shall take effect immediately. All provisions in DOs and other related issuances which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
DepEd Order (No. 79, s. 2011)
DepEd Memorandum (No. 5, s. 2011)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS