September 9, 2021- The Department of Education (DepEd) opens online application for the Senior High School Voucher Program (SHS VP) today.
“Through the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), DepEd was able to secure additional funds for the continuity of the implementation of SHS VP as well as its other programs of Government Assistance and Subsidies,” Undersecretary for Finance Annalyn Sevilla said.
DepEd, in collaboration with the Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC), will accept online applications from September 9-23, 2021 through the Online Voucher Application Portal (OVAP).
Voucher applicants must create accounts on OVAP on or before September 21, 2021. Meanwhile, the deadline for application is on September 23.
Results will be posted on October 11, 2021, and qualified voucher applicants may start voucher redemption on the same day.
Eligible for the said program are as follows:
- Automatically Qualified learners that don’t need to apply:
- Category A: Leaners who completed Grade 10 in SY 2020-2021 in DepEd public schools
- Category B: Learners who completed Grade 10 in SY 2020-2021 in SUCs and LUCs
- Category C: Learners who completed Grade 10 in SY 2020-2021 in private schools who are ESC grantees
- Voucher Applicants that need to apply:
- Category D: Grade 10 completers in private schools in SY 2020-2021 who are not ESC grantees
- Category E: Grade 10 completers who completed Grade 10 prior to SY 2020-2021 but not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11
- Category F: Learners who had passed the ALS A&E Test for Grade 10 not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled in Grade 11 or ALS learners who passed the Presentation Portfolio Assessment
- Category G: Learners who passed the PEPT for Grade 10 not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11 or will take the PEPT in SY 2021-2022.
For other details and important announcements regarding the SHS VP Application, applicants may visit ovap.peac.org.ph and other official platforms of DepEd and PEAC.