DO 14, s. 1985 – Guidelines in the Preparation of the Program of Expenditures
To: Bureau Directors
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Comprehensive planning in the procurement of property, materials, supplies, and equipment is mandatory. The Supply Officer should plan with the Budget Officer to assure a budget allocation consistent with the service requirements of the offices concerned.
- The Program of Expenditures for the ensuing fiscal year should be prepared and submitted during the last quarter of the current year. The program should reach this Office not later than November 30 of every year in four (4) copies duly signed and endorsed by the Regional Director concerned.
- The prices of items included in the program approved by the Minister are mere estimates, and all efforts should be exerted to procure them at lower or better prices. In the canvass and procurement, there should be no indication of a particular brand to favor a particular firm or dealer. Items to be purchased should be considered in generic terms.
- Offices within the Metropolitan area, Region IV and Southern Tagalog provinces should make all their procurement from the Procurement Service, Office of Budget and Management, on items carried by the Procurement Service.
- A Supplemental Program of Expenditures for the fiscal year may be made when service requirements demand adhering strictly to the requirements mentioned above.
- It is required that all procurement be covered by a program of expenditures duly approved by the Minister.
- Strict compliance with this Order is enjoined upon all concerned.
Reference: MEC Order No. 14, s. 1979
Allotment: 1-2—(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
RULES AND REGULATIONS