DO 17, s. 1985 – Citizens Army Training Guidelines
To: Deputy Ministers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
Secondary Schools Principals
- In accordance with the Revised CAT and CMT Program of Instructions issued last August 1983 by the GHQ of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the MECS shall be responsible for the implementation of the Citizen Army Training (CAT) in high schools.
- In line with this, the following guidelines are hereby issued starting SY 1985-86:
- The use of the military uniforms is no longer required. The uniform for CAT shall be the prescribed school uniform or at least, white T-shirt, maong pants and sneakers. The military uniform, however, may be prescribed for members of the school’s model platoon subject to the approval of the school authorities.
- Tactical inspections, presentation of sponsors and other activities shall be conducted only with the approval of the school authorities. Expenses for these activities must be modest.
- English and/or Pilipino may be used as the medium of instruction for CAT training.
- CAT classes shall be held during prescribed periods on week days only. Cadet Officers Training Course (COTC) cadets may conduct classes on weekends with the approval of school authorities.
- The subject on Marches and Bivovacs is not included in the Program of Instruction (POI) of CAT.
- All contributions regarding CAT shall have the approval of the Major Service Reserve Training Commands and shall have the expressed approval of the school authorities.
- All communications related to the conduct of CAT particularly those involving the welfare and well-being of students shall be coursed through the school principal and schools superintendent of the Ministry.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
Reference: BPS Circulars Nos. 10, s. 1973 and 7, s. 1974
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
COURSE OF STUDY, SECONDARY
RULES AND REGULATIONS
UNIVESITIES AND COLLEGES