DO 22, s. 1985 – Opening of Branches and Abolition of Extension Classes
To: Bureau Directors
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Paragraph 1, (5), (a), (b) of MECS Order No. 71, s. 1984, Delegation of Authority, provides:
- Beginning SY 1985-85, a school branch or extension class shall be considered as a separate school. As such, the applicant therefor shall meet the requirements for the establishment of a new school, including the incorporation of the proposed school as a non-stock educational corporation and compliance with MECS rules and prescribed standards before a permit may be issued.
- In evaluating the opening of a branch or extension class (which as indicated above is a separate school), the following guidelines shall be observed:
- The main school must have such abundance in resources/expertise as would provide for the efficient management and operation of another school (branch or so-called extension class) without any disturbance in the setup of the former.
- Proof that the main school has shown efficiency and effectiveness in placement or entrepreneurship of its graduates and proof that the graduates in the new school (branch or so-called extension class) will be assured of employment or self-employment.
- Beginning SY 1984-85, no school shall be allowed to conduct extension classes, whether in the same municipality or city where the main school is located, or in another municipality or city. Such so-called extension classes or branches shall be considered as new schools and shall therefore comply with all provisions of law including incorporation of the new school as a non-stock educational corporation and compliance with all MECS rules and standards on opening of a new private school. Where the main school fails to meet the requirements in sub-paragraphs Nos. (i) and (ii) above or where the main school is in itself deficient in requirements/standards or in management, as borne out by records, the school corporation shall not be allowed to open another school.
- For the information and guidance of, and strict compliance by, all concerned.
Reference: MECS Order No. 71, s. 1984
Allotment: 1-2-4—(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS