DO 63, s. 1985 – Organizational and Functional Structure of the National Scholarship and Student Loan Center
To: Bureau Directors
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Consonant with Letter of Instructions No. 1424 creating a single student assistance center and Office Order “Implementation of Recommendations of the Management Improvement Project” dated February 27, 1984 directing the merging of the National Scholarship Center (NSC) and the National Educational Loan Assistance Center (NELAC) into the National Scholarship and Student Loan Center (NSSLC), there is hereby defined the organizational and functional structures of the National Scholarship and Student Loan Center for immediate implementation.
- The NSSLC shall be headed by one Executive Director, who shall be charged with the administration and supervision thereof and likewise with the formulation of policies, rules and regulations relative to various programs and projects on scholarships, study grants and educational loan assistance. The Executive Director shall be assisted by one Assistant Executive Director who shall oversee the functions of the Administrative Staff.
- There is hereby created an Ad-Hoc Committee to formulate and recommend policies on scholarships and study grants. The Committee which shall also serve as an advisory body for the Minister will complement the Educational Assistance Policy Council (EAPC), the policy-determining body on student loan assistance. The Committee shall be chaired by a Deputy Minister who, as well as its members, shall be chosen and appointed by the Minister.
- Directly under the immediate supervision of the Executive Director is the Program Development and Monitoring Staff, to be headed by one Chief Educational Researcher. The Staff is charged, among others, with the functions of program, project and plans development, statistical research studies, reporting system and materials publication on student financial assistance.
- The internal administrative operation shall be the immediate responsibility of the Assistant Executive Director. The administrative activities shall be grouped under six (6) sanctions, namely: Personnel Section, Accounting Section, Supply and Property Section, Budget Section, Records Section and a Cash Section which shall be created. Each section shall perform the function as accordingly defined by its sectional nomenclature, and shall be staffed in accordance with the approved organizational staffing pattern.
- A Cash Section is created in view of the volume of financial transaction and the need for prompt payment of grantees’ stipends and school accounts.
- The Center shall consist of line divisions and corresponding sections. Each division shall be headed by a Chief Educational Researcher and each section by a Senior Educational Researcher.
- The NSSLC as herein restructured with a total force of 105 officials and employees is believed sufficiently complemented for the present time and capable to effectively carry on its operation and functions.
- The NSSLC shall act as a secretariat to the Educational Assistance Policy Council.
- The organization structure, staffing pattern and functions of the National Scholarship and Student Loan Center are inclosed.
- All previous orders and memoranda of this Office or a part or parts thereof that are inconsistent or in conflict with this Memorandum are hereby repealed or amended accordingly.
- This Memorandum shall take effect immediately.
Incl.: As stated
References: MECS Memorandum No. 163, s. 1984
Office Order dated February 27, 1984
Allotment: 1-3-4—(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES