DO 75, s. 1985 – Policies and Standards for Architecture Education
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Cultural Agency Directors
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The inclosed set of policies and standards as proposed by the United Architects of the Philippines (UAP) and the Bureau of Higher Education (BHE) embodies the general principles and guidelines relative to Architectural Education. The standards have been developed after a national conference and a series of consultative meetings and workshops attended by school heads, deans of architectural schools in government and private colleges and universities, professional societies, and other concerned regulating agencies and organizations, and after a thorough study of policies and standards for other related areas of discipline to obviate any possible discrepancies with them.
- Each architectural school, in order to align its program to the goals and mission of the institution and the nation and to make architecture education responsive to the growing demands for manpower in the architecture world, should have:
- A built-in mechanism for a continuous self-assessment of its instructional research and extension service capabilities and program thrusts; and
- The necessary flexibility and adaptability to improve its internal operation and curricular program toward meeting the needs of the students, the architectural world and the nation.
- Every architectural school should give these rules and standards the widest publicity possible among the academic community and its clientele.
- This Order supersedes all existing rules and standards related to architecture education.
- Compliance with these policies and standards by all concerned is requested.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: MECS Memorandum No. 106, s. 1984
Allotment: 1-4—(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS