DO 3, s. 1986 – Addendum to MECS Order No. 52, s. 1985 (National Medical Admission Test (NMAT)
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Deans of Medical Schools
- Reports received by this Office are to the effect that certain medical schools are still giving their own institutional admission tests which may be duplicatory to the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) and contrary to the provisions of paragraph 3 of MECS Order No. 52, s. 1985.
- With the view to avoid any problems regarding giving of medical institutional admission tests, the following specific rules as approved by the Board of Medical Education shall be strictly observed:
- The students eligible to apply and take the medical institutional admission test shall have qualified in the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) based on the cutoff score as determined by the Board of Medical Education for each school year.
- The admission test that a medical school may administer to applicants for enrolment shall not be duplicatory to the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT), and shall have the prior approval of this Office, upon recommendation of the Technical Committee of the Board of Medical Education.
- The examination fee to be collected by the medical school shall likewise have the prior approval of this Office.
- The cutoff score for the NMAT examinations held on December 1, 1985, as decided by the Board of Medical Education, is 45th percentile or a mean score of 489.
- Students who did not qualify in the December 1 NMAT may avail themselves of the NMAT to be held on April 6, 1986, although this arrangement is only good for this year since the policy of the Board is to require the students who did not qualify to take the examinations to be held in November or December, 1986 in order to better prepare themselves for the examination.
- Dissemination of the information herein to all concerned is enjoined.
Reference: MECS Order No. 52, s. 1985
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS