DO 6, s. 1986 – 1989 Secondary Education Pilot Curriculum
February 3, 1986
DO 6, s. 1986
1989 Secondary Education Pilot Curriculum
To: Deputy Ministers
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- The Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports has scheduled pilot tryouts of the 1989 Secondary School Curriculum in the different regions, as follows:
1985-86 First Year
1986-87 First and Second Years
1987-88 Second and Third Years
1988-89 Third and Fourth Years
1989-90 Fourth Year
- Inclosed is the 1989 Secondary School Curriculum being tried out in eighty (80) high schools.
- A student in the pilot class may be classified in the next higher year if he passes all the required subjects in a given year under the 1989 Secondary Education Pilot Curriculum. If he fails in a 200 minute-a-week yearly subject, he may be allowed to take the regular load for the next higher level with his unit deficiencies.
- In a tryout school, where two curricula are offered – the 1973 Revised Secondary Education Curriculum and the 1989 Secondary Education Pilot Curriculum – a class valedictorian and salutatorian should be selected under each curriculum, subject to the provisions of MEC Order No. 1, s. 1979, except Item 2 of its Inclosure No. 1 and MECS Order No. 31, s. 1981.
- Details of the tryout are contained in the “Macro Tryout Scheme Handout” and MECS Memorandum No. 88, s. 1985, entitled “National Tryout of the 1989 First Year High School Curriculum.”
- It is desired that this Order be immediately disseminated to all those concerned.
(SGD.) JAIME C. LAYA
Incl.: As stated
Reference: MEC Orders: (No. 1, s. 1979 and 31, s. 1981)
MECS Memorandum: (No. 88, s. 1985)
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS