DO 9, s. 1986 – Policy on Training Activities
To: Bureau Directors
Cultural Agency Directors
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- It has come to the attention of this Office that school teachers/personnel and administrators who are called to attend seminars, workshops, training programs, official meetings, and the like sometimes bear the cost of transportation and whatever meals they have on the way.
- In view of this following policies on training activities are hereby adopted by this Office:
- To minimize expenses, fewer training activities with greater content and as joint undertakings among the bureaus/centers/offices of the MECS should be held. PRODED training may be the principal training effort on which other training activities of the groups may ride to be held near the official stations of participants.
- No activity should be conducted if the organizers cannot afford participants’ costs. As an alternative training teams may move from place to place at the expense of the sponsoring office if this is feasible, instead of calling teachers to a seminar or conference.
- Training activities should be held in places near the official stations of participants or easily accessible to them.
- Effective immediately, no proposal for training activities, seminars, workshops or meetings should be approved unless the budget therefor includes sufficient amount to cover travel and other expenses of participants. A certification to this effect duly signed by the organizer should accompany the proposal.
- It is desired that this Order be disseminated immediately to all officials, teachers and employees for their information and guidance.
- Strict Compliance is desired.
(SGD.) JAIME C. LAYA
Allotment: 1-2–(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects: