DO 12, s. 1986 – Authority for Government Officials and Employees to Travel and/or Work Abroad
April 7, 1986
DO 12, s. 1986
Authority for Government Officials and Employees to Travel and/or Work Abroad
To: Deputy Ministers
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Inclosed is a copy of Executive Order No. 6 promulgated on March 12, 1986, authorizing heads of ministries and government-owned or controlled corporations to approve travels abroad of officials and employees except those specified therein. Also inclosed is a copy of Resolution No. 85-444 of the Civil Service Commission issued on October 17, 1985 allowing officers and employees of the Government to go on vacation leave without pay for a period not exceeding one (1) year for the purpose of working abroad, subject to the conditions prescribed therein.
- Conformably thereto, applications of officials, teachers and school employees of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports to travel abroad and/or work abroad during their leave of absence should be submitted to this Office together with the following documents:
- Application for leave on CSC Form 6 (Revised 1985), properly accomplished and duly recommended and/or approved by the proper authority.
- Clearance from all money and/or property responsibility if the leave covers a period of thirty (30) days or more.
- Certificate that applicant has no pending criminal and/or administrative case.
- It is desired that applications for leave for this purpose should be submitted before the effectivity of the leave in order that prior approval of this Office is secured before the travel is undertaken. In this connection, attention is invited to CSC Memorandum Circular No. 2, s. 1985, to the effect that an application for vacation leave should be approved by proper authorities before the officer or employee goes on leave. Applications for vacation leave received in this Office after the effectivity of such leave shall be disapproved.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order to all officials, teachers and employees of this Ministry for their information and guidance is desired. All concerned are enjoined to strictly implement these regulations.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Incl.: As stated
Reference: MECS Memorandum No. 110, s. 1985
MECS Order No. 26, s. 1985
Allotment: 1-2-3–(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects:
BUREAU & OFFICES
RULES & REGULATIONS