DO 30, s. 1986 – Guidelines on the Implementation of Executive Order No. 1077
To: Bureau Directors
Culture Agency Directors
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Inclosed are copies of Memorandum Circulars Nos. 4 and 5, both series 1986, of the Civil Service Commission prescribing the guidelines on the implementation of the accumulation and commutation of leave in excess of 300 days as provided under Executive Order No. 1077, dated January 9, 1986, which are self-explanatory.
- In this connection, it is hereby directed that a staggered schedule of vacation leave of all Officials, employees and teachers on the vacation and sick leave basis be prepared every year. In the preparation of the schedule, their welfare as well as the exigencies of the service shall be taken into consideration. The schedule shall be brought to their attention and they should also be encouraged to take advantage of their vacation leave privilege. Those who have an accumulated vacation leave of less than ten (1) days shall have the option to go on scheduled vacation leave or not. The schedule of vacation leave shall be kept in the school or office concerned. Inclosed is the form to be accomplished for this purpose.
- Conformably thereto, the annual report of accumulated leave credits on the form prescribed by the Civil Service Commission shall be prepared by the schools division superintendents and vocational school superintendents/Administrators concerned and submitted to the Civil Service regional office concerned, through their respective Regional Directors. The reports for regional directors, assistant regional directors, schools division superintendents duly certified correct by the regional director concerned, should be submitted to this Office. Likewise, cultural agencies shall also submit their reports to this Office. In the case of state colleges and universities, their reports shall be submitted direct to the Civil Service regional office which has jurisdiction over them. The report in triplicate should reach the Civil Service regional office or this Office as the case may be, not later than one (1) month after the year for which the report was made.
- Applications for the commutation and/or payment of the money value of the terminal leave pay of officials and employees, except those in state colleges and universities, should be submitted to the Civil Service regional office concerned for confirmation before the same is submitted to this Office for approval.
- Please be guided accordingly. Compliance is requested.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Incls.: As stated
Reference: MECS Order: (No. 4, s. 1986)
Allotment: 1-2-3–(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
RULES & REGULATIONS