DO 35, s. 1986 – Amendment to Department Order No. 30, s. 1974
To: Deputy Ministers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- In accordance with MECS Order No. 17, s. 1985 this Ministry shall be responsible for the implementation of the Citizen Army Training (CAT) in high schools.
- In line with this, and in view of a number of requests from parents, educators, youth, civil religious organizations received by this Office, DEC Order No. 30, s. 1974, is hereby amended, granting exemption not only to qualified Boy Scouts but also to Senior Girl Scouts from the Citizen Army Training (CAT I) component in the 4th year high school. However, they are required to attend their PE, Health and Music IV.
- In this connection, this Office, in coordination with the Girl Scouts of the Philippines, forthwith sets the following rules on the exemption of Senior Girl Scouts from the CAT component requirements for the information and guidance of all concerned:
- She must have finished her membership requirements in the Senior Scout Program;
- She must have completed work on the nine (9) Program emphases of the Girl Scouts of the Philippines;
- She must have undertaken at least two (2) Service Aide Programs;
- She must be an active member of the Scout Auxiliary Volunteer Relief Services (SAVERS) Team; and
- She must have completed at least two (2) relief services;
- Senior Girl Scouts shall be exempted from the CAT component upon the recommendation of the Girl Scouts of the Philippines Provincial/City Council where her troop is registered and duly approved by this Ministry.
- The attached forms shall be used in applying for exemption. Copies may be reproduced by the GSP councils and furnished to interested parties.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Incl.: As stated
Reference: MECS Order: (No. 17, s. 1985)
DEC Order: (No. 30, s. 1974)
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, SECONDARY
RULES & REGULATIONS