DO 39, s. 1986 – Guidelines for the Purchase of Textbooks and Other Instructional Materials for the Public Schools
August 22, 1986
DO 39, s. 1986
Guidelines for the Purchase of Textbooks and Other Instructional Materials for the Public Schools
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Chairman, Local School Board
Chairman, Textbook Council
General Manager, Instructional Materials Corporation
Executive Director, Educational Development Project Implementing Task Force (EDPITAF)
Commission on Audit
- Effective immediately, the following guidelines shall be observed in the purchase of textbooks and other instructional materials in accordance with the provisions of Presidential Decree No. 687, Executive Order No. 806, MECS Order No. 64, s. 1985 and Letter of Instructions No. 1489.
- The textbook Council shall select and prescribe appropriate textbooks and other instructional materials, including supplementary and reference books, and shall fix the maximum retail prices therefore.
- The Ministry or local units shall determine the instructional materials they need from those approved by the Textbook Council and shall submit the requisition therefore, together with the Instructional Materials Corporation (IMC), through the Bureau concerned.
- The IMC shall supply the required instructional materials from its own stock or by procuring them through public bidding or canvass of qualified suppliers as may be necessary to obtain the most advantageous prices for the government. The IMC Board shall ensure the reasonableness of prices, which shall be reviewed annually by the Commission on Audit.
- Pursuant to Special Provisions, page 148 of the General Appropriations Act, the purchase of textbooks, reference books, supplementary readers, teaching aids, manuals, among other things, shall be effected through special budgets, in accordance with Section 40 of P.D. No. 1177.
- These guidelines refer to purchase of instructional materials out of the budgetary appropriations of the Ministry, the budgets of local government units, and the Special Education Fund. Instructional materials include textbooks, teaching aids, workbooks and other teaching materials for public elementary and secondary schools.
- The official addresses of the Textbook Council and the Instructional Materials Corporation are as follows:
The Instructional Materials Council
Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports
Palacio del Gobernador
Attention: Mrs. Esther C. Corpus
Instructional Materials Corporation
A. Ma. Regidor Street
Area XI, U. P. Diliman Campus
P.O. Box 211, Quezon City
Attention, Mrs. Florinia S. Espiritu Santo
Chief, Field Coordinating Unit
Telephone No. 922-99-81
- Immediate dissemination of these guidelines is requested.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Reference: MECS Order: (No. 64, s. 1985)
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects:
BUREAU & OFFICES