DO 56, s. 1986 – Addendum to MECS Order No. 30, s. 1985
To: Bureau Directors
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- The inclosed list of higher education program offered in Philippine schools, colleges and universities should be considered as an addendum to the classified higher education programs and the revised codes for Special Orders and Certifications disseminated by this Office through MECS Order No. 30, s. 1985.
- The classification of these higher education programs was based on the International Standard Classification for Education (ISCBP-1983).
- The proper/correct use of the list and the revised codes was thoroughly discussed during the orientation seminar on the delegation of authority, particularly the following points:
- The region code should be inclosed within parentheses.
- The programs and course codes should constitute only one integer. Thus, there should be no dash or space between the program and course codes.
- A ci should be inserted between the program and course codes if the course code is only one number.
- The course code is for each curricular offering lending to a degree, regardless of the major field.
- In view of the fast development in the area of computer science, the course codes for computer courses have been revised as per inclosure.
- For immediate dissemination and compliance.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: MECS Order No. 30, s. 1985
Allotment: 1-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: