DO 59, s. 1986 – Task Force to Study Private Higher Education
To: Deputy Ministers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- In recognition of the role of private education in an integrated system of higher education and cognizant of its potentials to contribute to national development, a Task Force to Study Private Education is hereby created.
- The Task Force to Study Private Education shall have the following functions:
- To analyze the status and performance of the private higher education and its relevance to the needs of the country;
- To recommend policies, programs and projects to enhance the role of private education as a partner of government in national development;
- To analyze the finances of private education, its structure and organizational relationships with the educational system and the government with a view of identifying areas for innovation and improvement;
- To submit a long-term solution to the tuition fee issue;
- To design a package salary of salary and other incentives for the teachers and academic personnel of the private education sector;
- To preview existing policies, rules and regulations pertaining to the private higher education sector; and
- To suggest ways and means of operationalizing constitutional provisions pertinent to the private education sector.
- The Task Force shall be composed of the following members:
Fund for Assistance to Private Education (FAPE) Dr. Abraham I. Felipe
Association of Philippine Colleges of Arts and Sciences (APCAS) Fr. Raul Bonoan, S.J.
Philippine Association for Teacher Education (PATE) Dr. Alicia S. Bustos
Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities (PACU) Dr. Amado C. Dizon
Executive Vice President
Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) Dr. Guadalupe Carbonel Jose Rizal College Dr. Armand V. Fabella
Xavier University Fr. Ernesto Javier
Central Philippine University Dr. Agustin Pulido
Philippine Association for Graduate Education (PAGE) Fr. Ramon C. Salinas, O.P.
Assumption College Sister Luz Emmanuel Soriano, R.A.
Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports Atty. Tomas V. Santos
Dr. Nilo Rosas
Bureau of Higher Education
University of San Carlos Dr. Alicia Tan
Dean, Graduate School
- The Chairman shall present a budget to cover the expenses of the Task Force for approval by the Minister of Education.
- The Task Force shall submit its report on or before May 15, 1987.
- This Order shall take effect upon its issuance.
Allotment: 1-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS