DO 62, s. 1986 – Revised MECS Order No. 30, s. 1983 “Minimum Standards for Electronic Data Processing (EDP) Courses”
December 2, 1986
DO 62, s. 1986
Revised MECS Order No. 30, s. 1983 “Minimum Standards for Electronic Data Processing (EDP) Courses”
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- The revision of MECS Order No. 30, s. 1983, per recommendation of the Ad Hoc Committee composed of representatives from the National Computer Center, the Bureau of Higher Education, MECS, the higher education divisions of the National Capital Region and Region IV, Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, the Philippine Computer Society, the Philippine Computer Educationists Society, the Consortium of Ateneo de Manila University, De La Salle University and University of the Philippines, and some selected Computer Training Centers is approved by this Office for implementation. Schools concerned may secure copies of the revised standards at no cost from the Bureau of Higher Education, Palacio del Gobernador, Manila.
- This Order covers the short-term courses as prescribed in the 1983 Minimum Standards for Electronic Data Processing (EDP) Courses. Software packages, newly developed skill building computer courses such as Computer Technician, Computer Audit and awareness courses, and seminar/orientation-type courses are not included.
- All concerned are required to prepare and make the necessary adjustments in their programs and facilities based on the aforesaid revised standards.
- This Order takes effect immediately.
- It is desired that this Order be given the widest publicity possible.
Reference: MECS Order No. 30, s. 1983
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS