DO 50, s. 1987 – Guidelines for the Implementation of the Conditional Pardon/Amnesty Granted to the Public School Teachers Involved in the Zamboanga Del Sur Falsification of Scholastic Records Cases
May 15, 1987
DO 50, s. 1987
Guidelines for the Implementation of the Conditional Pardon/Amnesty Granted to the Public School Teachers Involved in the Zamboanga Del Sur Falsification of Scholastic Records Cases
- In order to give full effect to and produce the best possible results from the conditional pardon/amnesty dated October 29, 1986 extended/granted by Her Excellency, President Corazon C. Aquino to the public school teachers involved in the falsification of scholastic records cases in Zamboanga del Sur, these guidelines are hereby adopted and promulgated:
- Acceptance – As required by law, the conditional pardon or amnesty hereinabove extended must be accepted by the beneficiary within a reasonable time from knowledge thereof and manifested in writing.
- Application and Extension of Coverage – Any of the persons listed in the aforesaid memorandum dated October 29, 1986, and any person similarly circumstanced who desired to avail of the conditional pardon/amnesty provided may ay anytime within six (6) months from the date of approval of these guidelines file an application for pardon/amnesty with the DECS Pardon Committee which shall hereinafter be constituted, c/o the Office of the Secretary, Department of Education, Culture and Sports, Manila.
- Each application shall clearly state the applicant’s circumstance and his acceptances of the conditional pardon/amnesty offered and his agreement to the conditions thereof.
- DECS Pardon Committee – In order to process and evaluate applications and to determine the persons who may come within the terms of this conditional pardon/amnesty, a DECS Pardon Committee shall be constituted thru a separate issuance.
- Procedure – The DECS Pardon Committee shall process, evaluate and approve each case within thirty (30) working days from receipt of the application, and upon finding that it falls within the terms of the aforesaid memorandum of conditional pardon/amnesty, it shall so declare that the applicant be extended the pardon/amnesty effective as of the issuance of the Conditional Pardon/Amnesty on October 29, 1986.
- Conditions – The applicant shall accept unconditionally the following conditions:
- That the grantee returns whatever he/she had fraudulently received as salary increase; Reimbursement may be made through salary deductions.
- That he/she agrees to be restored or returned to the rank or position which he/she held before the fraudulent promotions; and
- That he/she shall not again violate any of the penal laws of the Philippines.
- Any and all persons covered by the Conditional Pardon/Amnesty and who complies with the conditions as hereinabove mentioned shall be considered, to all intents and purposes, as though he never committed the offense or offenses included in the grant and he need not mention the same in future references. Provided, that any person who is deemed to have falsified his scholastic records and has refused to avail of the amnesty/pardon after due notice to avail, shall be prosecuted in accordance with existing penal laws.
- Compliance hereof is enjoined.
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS