DO 79, s. 1987 – Annual Collection and Processing of Basic School and School District Data
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The installation of a computer-based data collection, processing, storage and retrieval system shall start this school year with the distribution, collection, and processing of school and school district profiles.
- The date gathering forms covering SY 1987-1988 shall consist of the following:
– Public elementary School Profile , Forms 1 and 2
– Private Elementary School Profile, Forms 1 and 2
– Public Secondary School Profile, Forms a1,2, and 3
– Private Secondary School Profile, Forms 1 and 2
– Scholl District Profile, Forms 1 and 2
- The format and content of the data-gathering instruments shall be the same for all school types and categories and for all school districts to minimize problems in electronic data processing. Thus, the design, revision and distribution of these forms shall be undertaken by the Office or Planning Service. OPS shall distribute these forms to the regional offices on or before the third Monday of August of each year.
- The regional offices shall be responsible for the distribution, collection, and processing of the school and school district profiles of all the schools within their respective regions. OPS shall assist the DECSRO Planning Unit in the processing of the data-gathering forms.
- Presidents of government and private higher education institutions, schools superintendents, vocational school superintendents, vocational school administrators, secondary school principals, district supervisors, and heads of elementary schools are enjoined to facilitate the prompt, complete and accurate filling up of the date gathering forms and timely submission of the same.
- Heads of public elementary schools shall submit their duly accomplished school profile to the district office where they belong on or before the third Friday of September. Heads of government secondary schools and private elementary and high schools and those attached to private colleges and universities shall submit their school profiles to the division office where they belong, the vocational secondary schools reporting to vocational school superintendent shall submit to the regional offices on or before the third Friday of September. The school profiles of elementary and secondary schools attached to state colleges and universities shall be submitted to the Board of Higher Education, care of the Bureau of Higher Education on or before the third Friday of September.
- The district offices shall submit the school profile of all the schools under their jurisdiction to their respective division offices on or before the first Monday of October. Division Offices/Office of the Vocational School Superintendents shall submit the school profile of all the schools under their jurisdiction to their respective regional offices on or before the second Friday of October of each year.
- Regional offices shall electronically process the school profiles and school district profiles to produce school district school division and regional bulletins. The outputs are expected to be ready for distribution to the district and division offices by the second Monday of December.
- The Department’s statistical bulletin based on the school profiles and school district profiles shall be produced by OPS using diskettes of school district, school division and regional bulletins to be supplied by the regional offices on or before the second Monday of December.
- In view of the need for completed and reliable data, the field is urged to implement rigid date control and verification procedures. Regional Director are directed to hold sub-regional school executives responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the entries in the data-gathering forms.
- For immediate dissemination and compliance.
(SGD) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
FORMS RULES AND REGULATIONS
REPORTS STATISTICS (Data)