DO 101, s. 1987 – Policy Review and Legislative Coordination
October 9, 1987
DO 101, s. 1987
Policy Review and Legislative Coordination
Cultural Agency Directors
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
- In order to gain the effective support of the distinguished legislators after the convening of the Congress of the Philippines which restores the normal legislative process and to achieve the legislative priorities of the Department, a review of existing policies and their enabling bases is being undertaken by the Office of the Undersecretary for Legal and Legislative Affairs.
- Towards this end, the participation of every Department, regional and cultural agency official and personnel is solicited and encouraged. This is consistent with the rights to legislative access and participative roles in policy-making.
- The Department has already presented its legislative agenda to both the Senate and the House of Representatives of the Philippines, and it has received the commitment of support from the Committees on Education, Finance and Appropriations. It is desired that these cooperative relations be developed and maintained, and whenever needed the intervention of the Department be solicited.
- For the guidance of all concerned, the enclosed guidelines on appearances of executive officials and the rules governing inquiries in aid of legislation will govern and should be followed. Any assistance related to legislative concerns and affairs should be addressed to the PROS Secretariat in the Office of Undersecretary Tomas V. Santos, for proper coordination and attention.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is hereby directed.
(SGD.) LOURDED R. QUISUMBING
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects
RULES AND REGULATIONS