DO 1, s. 1988 – Creation of Secondary Education Development Program Committee, Defining its Functions and Membership and Other Purposes
To: Bureau Directors
- In the interest of efficient and effective implementation of the Secondary Education Development Program, a Committee is hereby created called the Secondary Education Development Program Committee (SEDPC) hereinafter referred to as the “Committee” to be responsible for policies related to SEDP, for the overall implementation of the SEDP and for the formulation of guidelines and operating policies on SEDP implementation.
- The Committee shall be responsible for (a) the approval of the annual SEDP work plan and activities and corresponding investment program; and (b) the approval of sub-projects appraised by the Project Management Unit (PMU).
- The Committee shall be chaired by the Secretary. It shall be composed of nine (9) members as follows:
- Undersecretary for Programs and Projects
- Undersecretary for Foreign-assisted Projects and Higher Education
- Assistant Secretary for Finance
- Assistant Secretary for Planning
- Director of the Bureau of Secondary Education
- General Manager of IMC
- Three (3) Regional Directors (one each representing Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao to be chosen by and among themselves) and
- Two (2) Ex-officio (non-voting) members (one each representing NEDA and DBM)
- A Project Management Unit (PMU) is hereby created within the Office of the Director of the Bureau of Secondary Education to be responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of implementation of SEDP. The PMU will be headed by the Director of the Bureau of Secondary Education. The officers and technical staff of the PMU shall be drawn from the existing staff of the Bureau of Secondary education and EDPITAF.
- MECS Order No. 36, s. 1986 is hereby superseded.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Reference: MECS Order: (No. 36, s. 1986)
Allotment: 1-2–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
Course of Study, SECONDARY