DO 23, s. 1988 – Designating the Members of the Technical Panel for Agricultural Education (TPAE)
To: Bureau Directors
Chiefs of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- In accordance with MECS Order No. 28, s. 1986, the Technical Panel for Agricultural Education (TPAE) as created through Department Order No. 3-a, s. 1977 is mandated to operate and serve as a research, technical consultative, advisory and policy recommending body to the Department of Education, Culture and Sports through the Board of Higher Education and the Bureau of Higher Education on programs for upgrading agricultural education in the Philippines.
- Pursuant to paragraphs 5 and 6 of said MECS Order, the following are hereby designated members of TPAE effective January 1, 1988, to wit:
Dr. Nilo L. Rosas
Bureau of Higher Education
Chairman Dr. Ruben L. Villareal
College of Agriculture, UPLB as Crop Science Expert
Vice Chairman Dr. Cecilio R. Arboleda
Institute of Animal Science
College of Agriculture, UPLB as Animal Science Expert
Member Dr. Filiberto S. Pollisco
Ecosystem Research and Development Bureau as Forestry Expert
Member Dr. Rogelio O. Juliano
U.P. in the Visayas as Fisheries Expert
Member Dr. Mauro F. Manuel
College of Veterinary Medicine, UPLB as Veterinary Medicine Expert
Member Engr. Felipe T. Mateo
Northern Foods Corporation as Agricultural Engineering Expert
Member Agricultural Teacher
Member Dr. Pedro L. Esteban
Bureau of Technical Vocational Education
Member Representative from the Department of Agriculture and Food Member Representative from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources Member Representative from Professional Regulations Commission Member
Attention is invited to paragraph 4 of MECS Order No. 28, s. 1988 regarding the TPAE duties and responsibilities.
- To serve as TPAE consultant is Dr. Alicia J. Tan, Assistant Director, Bureau of Higher Education and Mrs. Zenaida Villaescusa, Chief, Standards Development and Monitoring Division BHE. In addition, the TPAE Chairman may retain the services of experts/consultants either on a full-time or part-time status as technical committee members, resource persons and/or evaluators to assist in implementing the mission of TPAE.
- The TPAE members, in consideration for their services, will receive monthly honoraria/allowances as authorized under the existing rules and regulations of the UPLB as administrator of the TPAE fund pursuant to the Memorandum of Agreement dated March 7, 1985.
- This designation shall be effective from January 1 to December 31, 1988 unless sooner terminated for cause.
References: Dept. Order No. 3-1, s. 1977
MECS Order No. 28, s. 1986
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES