DO 26, s. 1988 – Creation of a Committee for SEDP and Defining Its Functions and Membership; Designating EDPITAF as the Project Management Unit for SEDP; and Other Purposes
- In the interest of efficient and effective implementation of the Secondary Education Development Program, a Committee is hereby created called the Secondary Education Development Program Committee (SEDPC) hereinafter referred to as the “Committee” to be responsible for policies related to SEDP for the overall implementation of the SEDP and the formulation of guidelines and operating policies on SEDP implementation.
- In the implementation of SEDP, the Committee shall be responsible for (a) the approval of the annual SEDP work plan and activities and corresponding investment program; and (b) the approval of sub-projects appraised by the Project Management Unit (PMU).
- The Committee shall be chaired by the Secretary or her designated representative. It shall be composed of nine (9) voting members as follows:
- Undersecretary for Foreign Assisted Projects and Executive Director, EDPITAF
- Undersecretary for Elementary and Secondary Education
- Assistant Secretary for Finance
- Assistant Secretary for Planning
- Director of the Bureau of Secondary Education
- General Manager of IMC
- Three (3) Regional Directors (one each representing Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao to be chosen by and among themselves)
- The following will be ex-officio non-voting members who will be called upon from time to time as necessary: (a) representative from FAPE, (b) representative from NEDA and (c) representative from OBM.
- Dr. Martha A. Mogol, Director of the Bureau of Secondary Education, is hereby designated as the Project Manager of the Project Management Unit (PMU) in EDPITAF. As Project Manager, Dr. M. Mogol, who will report to the Executive Director of EDPITAF, will be responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of SEDP in accordance with the provisions of loan agreements, grant agreements and existing EDPITAF organizational and operating policies.
- MECS Order No. 36, s. 1986, and other regulations not consistent with this Order are hereby superseded.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Reference: MECS Order: (No. 36, s. 1986)
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
Course of Study, COLLEGIATE