DO 55, s. 1988 – Development of an Agriculture Education Statistical Bulletin
June 25, 1988
DO 55, s. 1988
Development of an Agriculture Education Statistical Bulletin
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The Technical Panel for Agricultural Education (TPAE) of this Department has established a Data Bank and Retrieval System (DBRS) that serves as a national tool of institutional information of all agricultural schools, colleges and universities in the country. DBRS is important in monitoring and evaluation of institutional capability, identification of institutions for development vis-à-vis the need for technical assistance, accreditation of agriculture and related programs of deserving institutions and others. The data gathering activity of TPAE has been facilitated through the issuance of MECS Memorandum No. 30, s. 1987. TPAE is continuously updating information of all agricultural institutions, both private and public, by sending retrieval forms. However, only very few institutions responded and submitted their data updates to TPAE. Hence, important information necessary in formulating policies regarding the agriculture education system cannot be readily obtained.
- In order to respond more effectively to information needs particularly in formulating policies, institutional planning and other decision-making activities in the field of agriculture education in the country and Agriculture Education Statistical Bulletin should be developed.
- The Agriculture Education Statistical Bulletin shall provide policymakers and researchers access to updated institutional information to hasten data gathering surveys. It shall also serve as a reference material for students, policy makers, school administrators and researchers from various offices and agencies.
- Therefore, all agricultural schools, colleges and universities, both private and public, are hereby enjoined to submit all the various institutional information (asked for in the forms sent to them with this Order) directly to the following address for purposes of analysis and computerization:
Technical Panel for Agricultural Education
Room 302 DAERS Bldg.
U.P. Los Banos
College, Laguna 403
- Guidelines in gathering updating data shall be as follows:
- Only schools that were evaluation by TPAE and have completed and submitted their data bank forms shall be sent updating forms.
- Schools to be evaluated by TPAE for the first time shall be given a complete set of forms and are required to fill up all information needed.
- The schedule of submission of institutional data to TPAE shall be as follows:
- School data for the first semester of each calendar year shall be submitted within one month after the end of the first semester.
- School data for the second semester of each calendar year shall be submitted within one month after the end of the second semester.
- School data for during summer of each school year shall be submitted within one month after summer classes end.
The school concerned shall fill up, prepare and submit forms in triplicate copies: one (1) for the regional office; one (1) for the school; and one (1) for TPAE.
- Compliance to this Order by all concerned is hereby enjoined.
Reference: MECS Memorandum No. 30, s. 1987
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RESEARCH OR STUDIES