DO 59, s. 1988 – Declaration of Authority to DECS Regional Directors
To: Regional Directors
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
Heads of National Schools
- In consonance with the precepts of decentralization, DECS Regional Directors are hereby authorized to exercise the following functions within one jurisdiction of their respective regional offices:
- To act on requests to grant hazard pay to employees chargeable against savings.
- To act on requests for the filling up of positions authorized in the Personal Services Itemization subject to established Organization and Productivity Improvement Bureau (OPIB) and Compensation and Position Classification Bureau (CPCB) guidelines; and
- To act on requests to hire temporary, casual/emergency employees, including substitute instructors and teachers, subject to availability of funds for the purpose and established OPIB and CPCB guidelines. Provided, however, that there shall be no increase in the total programmed outlay for Personal Services.
- Approval shall be subject to strict compliance with existing rules and regulations.
- This authorization shall take effect immediately.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
References: MECS Orders: Nos. 7, s. 1986 and 23, s. 1984
Allotment: 1-2-3–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subject:
APPOINTMENT, EMPLOYMENT, REAPPOINTMENT
BUREAUS & OFFICES
RULES & REGULATIONS